Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy Summer!

I can't believe I haven't updated this since February.....who am I kidding, of course I can believe it!!!

Life continues to be busy around here but at least we aren't bored. Liam has finished his first year of preschool and loved it! I have posted his last day of school picture. They celebrated with ice cream at school. We are looking forward to the break from school commitments but I am sure we will be craving them come August. Liam also played soccer this spring. It's interesting to watch the Under 4 league......Liam was the best pinecone picker and struggled to not stop the ball with his hands. He told me that next year, he wants to be a goalie.

Julia is growing bigger and bolder each day. She still isn't saying much but does manage "bubble" and "da-da" every once in a while. Her lack of words does not prevent her from letting you know what she wants and doesn't want...she is pretty clear!

Both kids are enjoying outside. The playhouse is a favourite spot and of course the kids are drawn to water like moths to a flame!! We have been to the beach a couple of times and the combination of sand and water provides hours of fun. We hope to spend lots of time there.

The deck build is underway. The holes are dug, the sod removed and the materials ordered. Michael has a week off coming up so we hope to get most of it done then.

Here's a few recent pictures of kids and yard. We hope everyone has a safe & happy summer!!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

We're glad to have received an update. Many things change in the course of 5 months so THANK YOU for the update. Julia's hair is so long! and Liam's last day of school clothes are totally stylin'.

Good work in the backyard. You never disappoint.

Jenn Richards

Mowing the lawn with Daddy

Mowing the lawn with Daddy
Everyone has a mower and a garbage bag

Mmmm...treats

Mmmm...treats
Enjoying a cold treat on the deck with Mommy

Bubbles!!!

Bubbles!!!